Healthy Grocery Shopping. Grocery shopping is something we all have to do, eventhough choosing the right foods can be very hardindeed. To assist you with your healthy groceryshopping, the tips below can indeed help make thingseasier than ever before:1. Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach.
2. Select canned fruits and tuna that are packed inwater, not oil or syrup.
3. Look at the labels for the words “hydrogenated”or “partially hydrogenated”. The earlier you seethem appear on the list, the higher the amount ofunhealthy trans fatty acids the food will contain.
4. Don’t buy turkey with the skin on it, and ifyou plan to buy chicken – buy a chicken breastmeal.
5. When you select frozen dinners, select thosethat are not only low in fat, but low in sodiumand cholesterol as well.
6. If you aren’t consuming enough dairy products,go with calcium fortified orange juice instead.
7. Go for whole grain breads, cereals, and rolls.
8. Give cantaloupe a try. With just 95 calories,half of the melon will provide more than a day’ssupply of Vitamin C and beta carotene.
9. Don’t be tricked into buying yogurt coveredby nuts or raisins, as the coating is normallymade of sugar and partially hydrogenated oils.
10. Get some of the low fat treats, such aspretzels, ginger snaps, and angel food cake.
By following the above tips when grocery shopping,you’ll avoid the bad foods and get those that youneed. There are many different healthy foods atthe grocery store, all it takes is the will powerto go past the bad foods and on to the good ones.