Foods That People Suffering From Rosacea Should Eat. With all the toxicities modern life brings, people should be more careful in watching their skin because they are more prone to disorders such as Rosacea.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by flushed skin as well as reddish and purple blotches that continue to grow over time. If remained untreated, it will continue to result to pigmented skin with big red blotches caused by blotted blood vessels.
It is very common to women and its advance stages are diagnosed when the patient reaches 30 and above. It is said that the causes of this skin condition us yet to be discovered. Experts say that there are so many factors that can trigger this and the severity of the condition depends on the genes and family history of the condition.
Experts say that one of the probable causes of Rosacea is eating foods that may trigger it such as spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol and too much fatty foods. To those who are prone to developing Rosacea, they should consume the following foods on a regular basis:1. Fruits. Studies show that fruits are perfect for people who want to take good care of their skin. Aside from being an all-natural product, fruits are low in calories, rich in dietary fiber that helps boosts satiety, and satisfies a person’s sweet tooth without worrying about weight gain and storing fats which can affect the skin’s condition. Containing all the nutrients and vitamins it has, fruits are an ideal for maintaining good skin because it also aids in the prevention of vitamin deficiency, a rich source of dietary fiber and rich in folate. However, citrus fruits should be avoided because these are considered as offenders for Rosacea.
2. Vegetables. Just like fruits, vegetables are also considered perfect foods for the skin. Aside from being low in calorie-content, high in dietary fiber, and full of dietary nutrients that help maintain efficient metabolism, veggies—in various preparations—also make good and appetizing snacks. Aside from being a rich source of important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B-complex micronutrients, vitamins C, E and K that combat vitamin deficiency, vegetables are also excellent sources of the protective plant micronutrient called “phytochemicals.” Having vegetables as diet food also lowers the risk of heart disease, cancers, and high blood pressure while protecting the body from having illnesses caused by muscle degeneration.
3. Tofu. This is also good for avoiding Rosacea because it is packed with protein as well as cooling properties which can aid the redness of the skin.
4. Meats. For people with Rosacea, lean chicken/turkey meats, and fish are also ideal food for the skin compared to red meats. This is because these are rich in protein, essential minerals and vitamins, and micronutrients for excellent metabolism and would veer away the storage of fats.
5. Seaweed. This is one of the most suggested foods that people with Rosacea because it greatly helps in eliminating the dampness.
6. Water. It is always best to drink up lots of water, ideally 10 to 12 glasses a day to ensure that you are well hydrated. This will also help wash out the impurities in the body.