Thinking about adding Omega 3 to your daily diet?. There is no doubt about Omega 3 offering benefits to a lot of people, we will get into more about that later.
The essential fatty acids in Omega 3 have long been known for their many health benefits. Many clinical studies have proven that the biggest benefits come from DHA and EPA, these fatty acids are only found in fish oils, although you would still get some health benefits when taking Omega 3 from plant sources, it is recommended that you include Omega 3 from fish oils, either from eating fatty fish at least 3 times per week, or buying an Omega 3 supplement.
Of the two essential fatty acids mentioned above, DHA offer the most benefits, most supplements however, contain much more EPA than DHA, so when shopping for a supplement, be sure to choose one with as much DHA as possible.
Another thing you should be aware of when looking for an Omega 3 supplement is toxins (PCB’s), ask the manufacturer about the levels of PCB’s and heavy metals in their product, also ask if they can supply you with test data on the purity of their product.
Now, let’s take a look at the benefits of including Omega 3 in your daily diet, these have all been proven in clinical studies.
* Fish oils, rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) have been shown to significantly reduce deaths from heart disease.
* Clinical studies have shown improvement for people who suffer from depression.
* Lower aggression in teenagers.
* Improved memory.
* Lowered risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
* When taken by mothers during pregnancy, it may help protect babies from allergies.
* Improves the body’s immune system.
* If you have, or are in danger of developing type II diabetes, research has shown Omega 3 helps regulate blood sugar levels, and decrease insulin resistance.
* People suffering from skin disorders like psoriasis have shown improvements when taking fish oils.
As you can see, Omega 3 offers benefits both for those who just want to be proactive, as well as it can help those who already have developed some types if illnesses.
If you decide to eat more fatty fish, or take an Omega 3 supplement, remember to check the purity and levels of DHA in your chosen source.