Most current fashion comes directly from the runway to the streets, and the 2006 hairstyles are no exception. When spectators watch the models, they are not only looking at the clothes they are wearing, but also their hairstyles, which is also an important component of their entire look. Judging from today’s models, 2006 hairstyles emphasize casual elegance with some sassy touches here and there.
Most of these looks involve hair that is pulled up with smooth sides or messy tendrils. Loose waves and curls seem to be making a comeback in 2006 hairstyles, not that the super-straight sedu look is out of fashion yet. Still, if you want to stand out from the crowd with the most trendy 2006 hairstyles, it might pay to put just a bit of wave into your medium or long locks.
The casual elegance of the 2006 hairstyles can be sleek or sassy. One popular look for this year is the messy bun, which can be created several ways.
• Shampoo and condition hair, preferably the day before an occasion, since freshly shampooed ponies are more difficult to deal with.
• Add leave-in conditioner or mousse to your hair.
• Blow dry your hair with a large, round brush.
• Gather your hair into a neat pony tail, smoothing in the sides. Fasten with an elastic that is the same shade as your hair.
• Divide your pony into three sections and, with a large or small barreled curling iron (depending on how curly your want your messy bun to be) curl the sections and pin them curls until they dry.
• Brush out the curls and pin portions of the messy bun to your head until you achieve the desired style. Leave one curl pinned to cover the base of the ponytail.
• Tease out hair from the side if you want tendrils. Curls these, if desired.
For a straight messy bun, use a flat iron rather than a curling iron.
The elegant pony, always in fashion, has been enjoying the spotlight in fashion shows as an ideal 2006 hairstyle. Elegant ponies are placed lower on the head, close the nape of the neck. Make the side smooth or tease out a few tendrils, if desired. Use a finishing spray for extra shine. You may want to transform your elegant pony into a classy chignon by curling the pony and tucking it into the elastic. Let the chignon hang freely, or pin it to the nape of your neck.
Just when you though it was safe to throw away your curling iron, be prepared for subtle waves and loose curls for long to medium 2006 hairstyles. You can create more body in your hair by using a body building shampoo and conditioner. Large curls can be created by putting in large curlers (hot curlers or the foam curlers for wet hair) or using a large-barreled curling iron. When you dry your hair, use a large, round brush to coax your hair into large curls or waves. Ironically, your flat iron can be used to create subtle waves and curls if you wrap sections of hair around it. Don’t go overboard, though. Straight hair is still the “in” style, and loose curls and waves are a highlight, rather than the main focus, of 2006 hairstyles.