Like many dieters, 34-year-old Celeste Roethele’s weight-loss journey began with the realization that swimsuit season was drawing near. The dental office manager vowed to get into a bikini, highly motivated by a Hawaiian vacation she had planned with her husband.
With less than four months and about 20 pounds to get to her goal of wearing a bikini, Celeste decided to turn directly to the experts. She searched the Internet for Weight Watchers and discovered she could follow their plan online.
“Weight Watchers Online was just right for my lifestyle,” says Celeste. “I work and have a family, so I needed a flexible plan. With Weight Watchers Online, I could follow my progress, get tips and track my food whenever it was convenient for me–all on the computer.”.
Celeste found great motivation online, too. She searched Weight. Watchers.com for success stories about women similar to her in height and weight and taped their pictures around her home for encouragement.
Celeste proudly wore her bikini to Hawaii and has maintained her nearly 20-pound weight loss for about three years. She offers these tips for weight-loss success.
• Don’t get overly hungry. Celeste keeps control during the day by snacking. She has a small, healthy snack, like string cheese or a few almonds, before leaving work so she isn’t ravenous while preparing dinner.
• Keep track of what you eat. With over 27,000 food options, including brand-name groceries and restaurant entrees, the Weight Watchers Online food tracker helps Celeste keep tabs on what she eats, so she can make smart choices throughout the day.
• Identify weaknesses and find solutions. Eating out and not binging on the weekends were Celeste’s biggest challenges. She found ways to maintain control by breaking down tricky situations and finding alternate behaviors. For example, instead of eating a roll or two while perusing the menu, Celeste skips the bread and strikes up a conversation with her husband.
• Renovate recipes. With a few ingredient substitutions, Celeste transforms once-fattening dishes into healthy meals. Celeste learned how to slim down one of her family’s favorites, jambalaya, using the Recipe Builder on Weight Watchers Online.
• Shop smart. If it’s not in your pantry, you won’t eat it. Take advantage of quick wins at the grocery store by switching to low-fat and fat-free versions of favorite foods.