Medicare prescription drug coverage is now available to all people with Medicare. Everyone with Medicare can join a Medicare drug plan to get this coverage, regardless of your income or what drugs you take. You owe it to yourself to look into it, even if you have coverage now.
Medicare is here to help.
Since Medicare prescription drug coverage is brand new, it’s natural to have questions like: Where can I get help choosing a plan?. And, where can I get help joining a plan?.
You can get answers from Medicare in several ways.
Where can I get help choosing a plan?.
• Look for enrollment events in the area. Over the next few months, you’ll be able to get help with your drug plan choices at dozens of places throughout your community, like schools, senior centers, clubs, faith-based organizations, and your pharmacy. Or you can talk with friends and family or call your local office on aging for help. For the telephone number, visit www.eldercare.gov on the Web. The Eldercare Locator can help you find places to go to get personalized assistance.
• Use the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Finder. Visit www.medicare.gov to get a personalized side-by-side comparison of up to three plans at a time based on cost, coverage and convenience. If you don’t use the Internet, call 1-800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227) to get the same information. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
Where can I get help joining a plan?.
• Visit Medicare’s Web site. You can join a drug plan at www.medicare.gov on the Web using Medicare’s online enrollment center.
• Call the plan. You can join over the phone by calling the plan’s toll-free number.
• Visit the plan’s Web site. Visit the drug plan company’s Web site. You may be able to join online (not all plans offer this option).