Menopause can be stated as the last menstrual cycle in a woman’s life. It is part and parcel of your life similar to many other things. These symptoms begin long before your menstruation cycle completely stops. The symptoms of menopause can last for months or even years. If there are no periods in 12 successive months, it means you have reached menopause. It is a natural process which is related to hormonal, physical and psychosocial changes in your life.
• Causes of Menopause.
Due to lack of estrogen and progesterone women have to go through this phase of life. During early stages of your life, these hormones determined the monthly cycles of ovulation and menstruation. With the passing years our body produces less amount of progesterone leaving the eggs from the ovaries unfertilized. Sooner or later the menstrual cycle ends and so does your chances of becoming pregnant. Menopause does not mean that you are sexually inactive.
Symptoms of Menopause.
• Irregular Periods.
• Gain weight.
• Hot Flashes.
• Sleep disorder /Insomnia.
• Mood Swings.
• Memory lapse.
• Vaginal or bladder infection.
• Abnormal hair growth.
Once you are in your late forties and early fifties, every woman dreads the beginning of the new chapter, known as menopause. This problem can be dealt head-on by being in control of the situation. Half of your problem is solved if you are mentally strong. Many a times these symptoms just boil down to stress and irritation. During such times being idle would make things worse, so find an activity to keep oneself occupied. Join or form a support group which helps you to deal with this problem.
Home Remedies For Symptoms of Menopause.
• Drink a glass of water at the first sign of hot flashes.
• Keep yourself fit by walking, jogging, bicycling, dancing, and swimming. This helps immensely to provide relief from the symptoms of menopause.
• Avoid hot and spicy foods.
• Keep away from alcohol and caffeine which can trigger hot flashes.
• Try to relax by adopting breathing techniques to soothe and calm your body.
• Wear comfortable clothes which are made of natural fibers like cotton or wool.
• Keep wet towel napkins handy as it may be useful during one of the hot flashes episode.
• Drink plenty of water and other fluids like juices to maintain the body temperature.
• A balanced diet is very important to get you past this problem. Have calcium and vitamin E rich diet such as milk and milk products, ragi, fish and wheat germ.
• Beetroot juice is very useful to evading menopausal problems.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.