If you want to feel good, real good, here’s what you should do.
1. Walk Tall. The most significant effort you can make to boost your morale is to let the world see a new, confident You. And the first step towards that is to walk talk and confident, strutting through life as if you know exactly where you’re headed.
2. Empower Yourself. There is no greater feeling of power than that which is endowed by knowledge. Identify the areas you would like to empower yourself and take a go at it. Is it Art?. History?. Politics?. Economics?. Science?. Technology?. What stops you from picking up books, surfing the Internet or even just asking questions?.
3. Energize Yourself. When you breathe in, imagine you are breathing in all the goodness of the world, allowing your system to be nourished and refreshed by it. Having thus cleansed your system, when you breathe out, your emotional toxins are dispelled. Enjoy the new sense of power you feel!.
Breathe in and say, “I’m powerful,” breathe out and say, “I’m beautiful.” Repeat this a number of times and you will feel a new rush of blood through your body.
4. Feel Good About Yourself. Learn to love yourself and the life you lead. Yes, it could be better and you can make it so. But if you don’t like how things are going, that is no reason to waste what you already have in hand in the hope of what you can make of it. Remember, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush! There will always be those extra kilos to shed, those qualities you wish your partner had, that car you wish to buy, or the house you wish to own.
5. Get Fit. Being fit and healthy is the greatest energy and confidence booster you can give yourself. Instead of blaming yourself for not eating right and for binging on the wrong things, cultivate some positive addictions. Try going for a daily dose of exercise: be it a walk, a workout at the gym or just floor exercises at home.
6. Eat Judiciously. Rather than feeling dejected at the weight you keep putting on because of a junk food eating habit, develop the habit of eating healthy foods to keep yourself fit and slim. It is said that you can actually eat to remain slim by eating right. Experts opine that the process of chewing and digesting foods such as celery, mushrooms, broccoli and tomatoes, when not fried, actually makes you expend more calories than you take by eating them.
7. Remain Calm. This is indeed a rare quality and if you were to successfully cultivate it more than half of your life’s worries would be over. Stress and tension are the cause of more diseases than we know of. Fatigue and irritability are also caused by stress.