Sexually transmitted diseases are escalating nowadays when more people have started entering into multiple sexual relationships. They might not consider this ethically wrong but the fact remains that such people are more prone to sexual diseases. However, if unfortunately one gets infected by any such disease, it is better to start ailment as soon as possible for these diseases have the potential to ruin your entire life. People often are embarrassed and scared to disclose their problem to others even to their friends but they fail to realize that delaying diagnose is compromising with their life. Thus, as soon as you fear a sexually transmitted infection, approach a doctor.
This article informs the readers about certain primary STDs and their symptoms.
1. AIDS and HIV.
• Transmitted through- AIDS and HIV are two more or les related diseases. The HIV stands for the ‘human immunodeficiency virus’ and the disease that spreads through it is known as AIDS i.e. ‘acquired immune deficiency syndrome’. HIV travels through blood. It can be transmitted from one HIV positive person to his partner through sex. It can also pass on from the HIV positive mother to her child through infected breast milk and even from an infected syringe or other equipments that come into contact with the blood of the HIV positive to any other individual who is treated with the same devices.
• Symptoms- weak immune system and susceptible to more infections than usual. HIV gets translated to AIDS when the HIV patient acquires a particular indicative illness.
• Preventive Measures- not much available yet. But avoid taking drugs. Maintain hygiene.
• Infected via- the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis is the cause of this infection. Once this bacterium enters the individual’s body it affects his mucous membranes, eyelids and even reproductive tissues.
• Symptoms- the symptoms Chlamydia often confused with another similar STD called Gonorrhea and even with Conjunctivitis due to eyelid infection. The common symptoms to this disease are pain during sex, burning and abnormal discharge. Chlamydia can be without any typical indications also.
• Prevention- the disease is curable. As a precautionary measure one should maintain hygiene during sex and get medical check up done in order to avoid infection.
3. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease- usually women are afflicted by this disease. It is a an infection in the upper genital tract and reproductive organs including ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes.
• Spreads through- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are the two STDs that are most often responsible for this disease. Women between 15 to 25 years of age are more prone to be infected by it. Excess douching can also lead to PID for it cleanses the naturally beneficial bacteria from the women’s vagina.
• Symptoms- When ailing PID, women might experience pain during intercourse, burning and even fever.
• Precautions and Cures- antibiotics are useful to cure PID. But it is recommended to get frequent check ups done and in case the disease is discovered medicines and proper treatment should commence the very moment for PID can be unexpectedly harmful in later stages.
4. Gonorrhea- infects the individual’s sensitive tissues of reproductive system.
• An individual can acquire this disease through all types of sexual contacts like oral sex.
• Indications- the indicators to Gonorrhea are very few which makes it all the more difficult to adjudicate it and so stop it from being transmitted from one to the other person through sex. Symptoms are akin to Chlamydia so the two diseases are liable to be confused with each other. A person suffering from Gonorrhea experiences unusual discharge, burning, pain during sexual activity, swelling, fever and other infections like women may have bleeding between periods.
• Remedies and Safety- treatment should commence in initial stages to cure Gonorrhea. Those who are pretty active in their sexual life should get check ups done on a regular basis to be on a safer side.
Apart from these there are several other STDs not discussed here like Hepatitis, Scabies, Herpes, Syphilis, HPV etc. which are most common in ones. It is better to acquire information about them once you are sexually active and consult a gynecologist every now and then to avert from all kinds of STDs.