Types Of Cardio Exercise Equipment. Cardiovascular exercises are activities which engage large muscle groups to exercises. These exercises are known to have an impact on a person’s blood pressure, calorie burning and weight loss. To enhance its benefits, cardio exercise equipments can be used. Cardio exercise equipment makes it possible to engage in a workout even when living in a controlled space, like your home.
Since cardiovascular exercises aim to increase heart rate using large muscles, it is common to use leg muscles like in walking and running. To make the whole body moving, leg and arm movements are incorporated in the workout regime. There are different types of cardiovascular exercise equipment.
• Treadmill. There are studies showing that exercising in the treadmill is better than other fitness equipment since it is natural for people to walk and run. You could adjust it settings, allowing you to walk, jog or run even in your living room. There are automatic and manual treadmills which can be purchased based on the customer’s preference. Aside from that, maintenance and storage is not that demanding. There are treadmills which can be bought for as much as $200.
• Stationary step machines. This exercise equipment burns calories big time, which makes it a fixture in most fitness gyms. It also helps in toning or enhancing hips, legs and butts. Stationary step machines or stair climbers would allow you to check how much calories you have burned when exercising.
Some people find this equipment to be the most difficult of all the cardio exercise equipment. They provide great workout for the lower body as long as you use it properly. It could cause problems on knees and feet if the weight and force are not used properly.
• Exercise stationary bikes. These are mounted bikes which are steadily attached on the ground. A great way to get a cardio workout at home, especially for beginners since it does need special skill to operate or use. There is also a smaller risk of injury. According to studies, about 30 minutes on the stationary bike would be enough.
They are also ideal if you have limited space. They are mobile and can be moved to different places of the house. There are also some bikes that do not need to be plugged into an outlet.
• Elliptical trainers. Along with treadmills, elliptical trainers are among the most popular cardio exercise equipment. The great thing about elliptical trainers is that there is little or no impact at all which makes it ideal for people who have been suffering from joint muscle. It proved to be a great exercise equipment for seniors and the elderly who have knee and joint problems.
• Rowing machines. They are not that popular compared to treadmills or elliptical trainers but they provide an overall and intense cardio workout. Rowing machines would sometimes include monitors that provide you information how much calories you are burning. They can also be folded and stored easily.
What makes cardio exercise equipment notable is that they provide better results, not only in enhancing your physical appearance but also in improving overall health. Before making any purchase, you could try cardio exercise equipment in a fitness gym to help you get an idea about the equipment and if you would be able to use it in the long run.