People know that bacteria are harmful to human’s health. It causes different types of diseases and may even cause death. Talks have been going around about good bacterias, yet so many people have great knowledge about them.. Good bacteria are the bacteria that give good effects and aid the body to achieve better health. One example of a good bacteria is the acidophilus.
Acidophilus or lactobacillus acidophilus is the most commonly used good or friendly bacteria. These bacteria inhabit the intestines and vagina and protect against the entrance and proliferation of harmful organisms that can cause diseases.
Acidophilus protects the body through different aspects. One mechanism is through the breakdown of its food. When food is brokedown, it leads to production of lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide and other by products that make the environment hostile for undesired organism.
Acidophilus offers variety of potential therapeutic uses. These include:• Aids digestion and suppresses disease-causing bacteria.
• Treat overgrowth of bad organism in the gastrointestinal tract.
• Prevent and treat diarrhea, including the infectious diarrhea, particularly from the rotavirus.
• Alleviate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and possibly, inflammatory bowel disease.
• Replaces the friendly intestinal bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics.
• Prevent and reduces the recurrence of vaginal yeast infection, urinary tract infections and cystitis.
• Improve lactose absorption in people who are lactose intolerant.
• Enhances the immune response. Studies have suggested that the consumption of yogurt and milk that contains specific strains of acidophilus supplements improve the natural immune response.
• Aids the treatment of respiratory infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia.
• Lower the risks of allergies such as asthma, hay fever, allergies to milk and skin reactions such as eczema.
• Help in treating high cholesterol.
Acidophilus is one of the good bacteria that should be part of the daily diet of humans. They can be taken and ingested in different forms, such as a drink or in capsule form.